E-Book-Free Evenings: Rediscovering the Joy of Physical Books
3 Benefits of Reading a Physical Book
- Better focus and concentration.** When you read a physical book, you’re less likely to be distracted by notifications or other electronic devices. This is because you have to physically turn the pages of a book, which requires more attention than simply swiping or tapping on a screen. As a result, you’re more likely to stay focused on the story and remember what you’ve read.
- Enhanced memory.** Studies have shown that people who read physical books retain information better than those who read e-books. This is because when you read a physical book, you’re more likely to make connections between the text and your own experiences. You’re also more likely to reread passages that you don’t understand, which helps to solidify the information in your memory.
- Increased creativity.** Reading a physical book can help to stimulate your creativity. This is because when you read a book, you’re transported to another world and can imagine yourself as the characters. This can lead to new ideas and insights.
How to Set Up an E-Book-Free Evening
- Set aside a specific time each week for your e-book-free evening.** This will help you to create a habit and make it more likely that you’ll stick to it.
- Find a comfortable place to read.** This could be your living room, your bedroom, or even a park bench. Make sure you’re in a place where you can relax and won’t be disturbed.
- Choose a book that you’re interested in.** This will make the experience more enjoyable and you’re more likely to finish the book.
- Turn off all electronic devices.** This includes your phone, computer, and TV. This will help you to focus on your book and avoid distractions.
- Take breaks as needed.** If you start to feel tired or your attention starts to wander, take a break. Get up and move around, or step outside for some fresh air.
- Enjoy your e-book-free evening!** Reading a physical book is a great way to relax and de-stress. So sit back, relax, and enjoy your book.
The Joy of Reading a Physical Book
There are many benefits to reading a physical book, including:
Spend 35 or more to get free US shipping excl AK amp HI Product Description Hope is not a wish waiting to come true It39s not an external desire waiting to be realized Hope is an everpresent reality regardless of how dire a situation may seem Additional Information Hope is not a wish waiting to come true1 See the seasons For everything there is a season the Preacher tells us Ecclesiastes 31 And everything includes the rhythms of the writing life We might wish writing were like San Diego sunny and seventies all year round but writing is far more like my Minnesota home with its brilliant summers and barren wintersSarah Jakes Roberts is a businesswoman New York Times bestselling author and a highly soughtafter thought leader She is the founder of Woman Evolve an organization committed to
serving the needs of women on a mission to blaze trails overcome obstacles and inspire their communities to do the sameAllow your heart to be guided gently by Fr Jacques Philippe toward a joyous prayer life that feeds your soul and revitalizes your relationship with the Lord Genres SpiritualityFaith 104 pages Kindle Edition Published January 31 2019 Book details amp editions About the author Jacques Philippe 79 Books464 followers2 Time and space Were all busy We feel like there are so many things we have to get done in a day so the things that bring us joy are pushed further down the todo list Once youve identified some things that bring you joy think about how you can intentionally build more of those moments into your lifeMary K Mohler unpacks Scripture to help us grow in gracious
gratitude thanking God for who he is as well as natural gratitude thanking him for his blessings and to identify and deal with some of the things that hinder us to help us rediscover the joy of a thankful heart This thoroughly Biblecentered unpacking of the reasons for A Children39s Book to Encourage Kids and Their Parents to Move More Sit Less and Decrease Screen Time Develops strength coordination and balance Teaches young children the importance of physical activity Helps children learn about animals and how they move Promotes physical mental and emotional wellbeingHow much easier to reach for a telephone press a few digits and speak no pondering of ones thoughts no addressing of envelopes no waiting for a response I alternate between feelings of awe
- Comfort and convenience. You can hold a physical book in your hands and turn the pages at your own pace. You can also read a book in any location, even if you don’t have access to electricity.
- Aesthetics. Physical books are beautiful objects that can add to your home décor. They make great gifts for friends and family.
- Smell. The smell of a new book is one of life’s great pleasures. It can transport you to a different time and place.
- Tangibility. When you read a physical book, you can feel the pages and the binding. This can help you to connect with the story and the characters.
- Collectability. Physical books can be collected and cherished for years to come. They’re a reminder of our favorite stories and authors.
Reading a physical book is a wonderful experience that can enrich your life. So next time you’re looking for a way to relax and de-stress, pick up a good book and enjoy the journey.